Sunday, September 08, 2019

The Great Journey



Hello Dears,

I hope you're fine ! It has been a while since I've posted anything here ... I have been very busy with personal stuff I suppose... I realized that I turned out to be even more depressed since I live in Lille, and it was hard for everything. I'm lucky that my relationship keep on going since I'm so far from my boyfriend , it's not always easy.
So on this Monday, I decided to do something else. Something for me, to enjoy why I came to Lille in the first place ... to be closer to Belgium. And I learned that in Antwerp there is such a large community of Jewish people ! That was crazy I never saw this, it really made me feel good to change my environment like this. Plus for my personal journey through religion I loved it.
I met Caroline / @mymodestjourney & Ilana / @jewishbychoice plus one of our Instagram follower Lesley. It was wonderful, we were really surprised to feel like it was like we knew each other already ! New generation right ?
We walked through the city, seeking for synagogues to explore, we saw kosher shops, restaurants ... I learned so much.
Like, fun fact that I didn't know : (french girl that I am) it is really badly seen to cross a pedestrian when it's red even if there's no cars ! Because they don't want people to think that jewish people do wrong stuff you know ? Even though I'm careful while walking I clearly never saw people even jewish people in Paris taking care of this sign when there is no car crossing lol. But that is a french behavior I believe ... "all aboard!"






These are pictures from the Great Synagogue Romi Goldmuntz


We had a total fail ; this one was closed ... It is the Hollandse Synagogue.





This one is the Sfradi Synagogue "Beith Mosche"





Such lovely streets in Antwerp


Fyi, I'm wearing a Bgteever dress and Stradivarius belt 




Love,
Lorna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Des Billets doux ?