Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Helsinki 2018


 

Hi Dears,

So I've been to Finland ! That's it :)
I was sooo happy because it has been a long time since I wanted to continue my Northern trip. I've been to Copenhagen twice and really enjoyed it. But looking at the Nordic destinations, I discover that Finland isn't really part of Scandinavia as I thought, and as I think most people believe.
In fact, it's language hasn't got the same german roots at all! I couldn't even guess what people were talking about (kind of confusing for a nosey Parisian like me lol). The origins are still blurred but it is quite close to Estonian, Russian (of course) and also Turkish I have been told. And now that I heard it I clearly see, this round sound less guttural than Swedish or danish.

People have been so nice to me, from beginning to the end (I also met a french follower *poke Julie* which I deeply thank for asking me if I had a plan for my last day and about storing my suitcase).
So yeah pretty good but short stay !

Although, the lightning was so harsh my eyes were pretty sore at the end because when it's summer ... well it's really summer they are not joking!
They only have like 3h of night to sleep... I admit you have to loose your Netflix habit otherwise you never sleep. I came back in France looking like a Panda. Yup.



 the Allas Sea Pool complex (with sea water in the pool!)






  Kallio
 


I also visited a Toy Museum when I was in Suomenlinna . It was creepy as hell, I wouldn't hide. But really interesting because some dolls were so old. Like, there were these dolls from the 2nd war, and they had clothes which fit the period (not to mention the fake little airplane with some nazi signs on it...). Finland has also been the home of few well-known characters as Moomin the troll and the Trolls (with their crazy hair).











Suomenlinna was a fort island to protect from the Russian invaders in the 18th century and then from the English and French. It was so odd to think those tiny little hobbit holes were in fact used to hide their prisoner.
Have a look !


how cool is this boat girl in Dr Martens ?







Some people still live on the island ... reckon they have to get on a boat to shop groceries! It 's only 20min away though.
















Finnish people have a large scene in music as if it's metal or techno; here they related all the emblematic clubs from Helsinki which really made me think of Berlin and the 80-90s techno rave.










And to finish (bad word play sorry) some pictures of the only church I really found beautiful in my whole life I think (apart from Notre Dame de Paris which I always have seen with some construction works still).
Uspenski Cathedral :






 Hope you enjoyed the quick overview of my stay !
Next week I'm heading to Marseille ... Not the same but still really wish to see some different landscape. 💗

Love,
Lorna







No comments:

Post a Comment

Des Billets doux ?