Sunday, December 22, 2019

My name's a war song, I sing you a new one



Hello Dears,

Here is a very quick look (all black for a change) in which I'm wearing a satin skirt from Humble campaign (I've checked but the website link does not work don't know why), gifted by the lovely Yaelle.
I had a dress (well I still have it somewhere lol) who was splendid, I can't remember I think it was from Vivienne of Holloway or something like that. And oh how I missed wearing satin... I feel like it's such a glamorous fabric ! But you know, I have been blaming myself for years now that my body changed that I couldn't wear something like that anymore.
And in fact, when I shot this outfit I really didn't care, I mean since this summer I've purchased another satin skirt (a nice antique pink one) and it changed my way of seeing myself in such material.

I'm not too much into yelling body positiy these days, not that I have anything against it. But I feel like it's a disguised new trend for norms. Like there is a way of "being fat" that is more accepted than another.
You need to have thin features on your face, a smaller waist, and larger hips , because do you know "curvy models" in the fashion industry (i'm not aiming influencers here because at least that's great that they spread this kind of message but anyway that wasn't my point) , do you know some who are more than a size 14-16 (and I'm being modest lol) and has a large neck , belly and I don't know thinner legs ? No. That wouldn't fit the norms.
Not that I claim being out the norms, like not entirely well, this complexed me. My belly ... was always something that I was obsessed with.

But you know what, I don't care if sometimes he comes to say hi.


Outfit:

Jumper from &Other stories (old)
Skirt by Humble campaign (designer Yaelle Hasson)
Belt by Collectif clothing
Bag by H&M
Dr Martens Jadon Velvet




















Love,
Lorna

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Des Billets doux ?